WRUW : 9th Jan - 15th Jan

macspite

Wore my new DW-6900SN-4ER to a committee meeting last night. Typical reaction from my colleagues.

20120114_091423.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Thanks for sharing the GSE pics. Need to get down there again.

Think £500 for the Frog is about right? Still stiff cash for a G, looks quality though.

Wore my new DW-6900SN-4ER to a committee meeting last night. Typical reaction from my colleagues.

Lol, that is attention grabbing indeed! Was it the military vehicle club? Do many of your colleagues there have pink Gs ;)

Switched to the Mudman last night, on again today.

IMG_20120114_110110.jpg

macspite

I have a jaundiced view of my colleagues - typical middle class, unthinking racists, intolerant of anything different or potentially threatening and conservative with both large and small C. This probably tells you as much about my own views and prejudices as theirs :cool: Still my friends though!

No, no pink Gs amongst my colleagues, as far as I know no Gs at all :(

Bubbly Tubs

Gone with me Suunto today, only because I've got a new Maratac strap for it. It's a little stiff at the moment but hopefully it'll soften up with wear.

3a63bb89.jpg

26243b6d.jpg

@ macspite awesome purchase there mate, sad to hear the sale is over, was hoping to pick up some cheap pieces.

@ rutteger I will Defo get some comparison pics up when I get a min to put them together. The Mrs pointed out that I've got five Muddies now, old and new. Might get a shot of them together. Must admit though out of all of my G's I like the way the Kings wear the best, they just sit right on my mahoosive wrist ha ha

rutteger

Administrator
I have a jaundiced view of my colleagues - typical middle class, unthinking racists, intolerant of anything different or potentially threatening and conservative with both large and small C. This probably tells you as much about my own views and prejudices as theirs :cool: Still my friends though!

No, no pink Gs amongst my colleagues, as far as I know no Gs at all :(

First bit I'm not hugely surprised at, have experienced similar as i'm sure most have.

More surprised at the lack of Gs, would have thought the rugged practicality would've been a winner for them?

rutteger

Administrator
Gone with me Suunto today, only because I've got a new Maratac strap for it. It's a little stiff at the moment but hopefully it'll soften up with wear.

Suunto looks great and the strap looks super tool. What was on it before, resin? Be good to get a review after some wear. wonder if the strap would fit a G??

@ rutteger I will Defo get some comparison pics up when I get a min to put them together. The Mrs pointed out that I've got five Muddies now, old and new. Might get a shot of them together. Must admit though out of all of my G's I like the way the Kings wear the best, they just sit right on my mahoosive wrist ha ha

Cool on pics. Great your Mrs even knows what a Mudman is, mine just shakes her head in a dissapointed way when another appears. Although that said she always seems to wear one of the three Baby-Gs I've bought her over the years...

Interesting you find the King fits best, for me with my delicate desk worker wrists the Mudman is a better fit.

macspite

So what was the temperature on the 6100?

Went to see one of our committee members to discuss the advertising flyer for our upcoming military show and after the ribbing following the wearing of a pink 6900 decided to go with a more restrained DW6630. Noticed that it has black bullbars but a silver buckle, will have to find a black replacement buckle assembly.

20120115_132829.jpg

Then went for a roast dinner at the local caff, mountains of veg and gravy - the generous helping of roast pork was welcome but I could happily eat this meal with no meat at all!

20120115_143832.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Nice field gun, roast dinner and of course G-Shock :p The DW-6630B looks clean, very clean in fact. Did the club take anymore kindly to yellow rather than pink ;)

DW-6100 read a steady 19 degrees inside.About 30 on the wrist inside. It did dip down to 16 or 17 when outside this after. Basically the G thermometer watches aren't much use when being worn :D

macspite

I sometimes check my 6100 when I'm not wearing it to see what the temperature in the house is. I tend to put a second duvet on the bed when it gets cold, we have yet to get so cold as to warrant a three tog night.

I rarely put the central heating on, relying on the houses either side (I live in a terrace) to provide the warmth. Agreed the thermometer is little use when the watch is being worn in most European climates though it might begin to register true in a Saharan summer.

It was just the one club member I went to see and he is more tolerant than most, being a member of an ethnic minority himself. He has had to put up with racial stereotyping and slurs since moving to England from the quiet valleys of South Wales. Polite enough not mention the watch until I drew his attention to it and then laughed at the ignorance of the English members of the committee.

How accurate is your Garmin when it is used as a speedometer? Is it a GPS watch and what other functions does it perform?