WRUW today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuma23

I am wearing my GA-100 1A4 today...

GA-100-1A4.jpg

macspite

Thought I'd get to grips with my new G-9000 Mudman today - see if the negative LCD is as difficult to read as some people say. As an aside I am amazed at the results from an iPhone 3 camera, much less hassle than setting up one of my full frame DSLRs on a tripod.

photo.jpg

macspite

There was one of those on eBay I took a fancy to but it made more than I wanted to pay. Still looking ...

For today I am giving my GW-3000B-1AER an airing, going to a club committee meeting tonight so want to show off. This one sort of re-started my G-Shock obsession, bought at a good discount, after much internet and soul searching, from TikTox - great service and a keen price

photo-1.jpg

macspite

Another candidate for my daily driver is this pre-owned G-1800D now with two links taken out to fit my wrist properly.

I don't often need to know the exact time - five to two or half-oneish is normally accurate enough and the advantage of having hands is that I can glance at the watch and seethe time rather than work out that 1:38:45 means two o'clock less just over 21 minutes or twenty to two. Same with analogue and digital dash displays - a glance at the instruments to see all needles at expected positions can be done in less than a second and speedo needle in peripheral vision means 30, 60 and 70mph limits can easily be maintained. I find it more difficult to do that with digital displays. Is this a generational thing?

photo-19.JPG

rutteger

Administrator
I don't often need to know the exact time - five to two or half-oneish is normally accurate enough and the advantage of having hands is that I can glance at the watch and seethe time rather than work out that 1:38:45 means two o'clock less just over 21 minutes or twenty to two. Same with analogue and digital dash displays - a glance at the instruments to see all needles at expected positions can be done in less than a second and speedo needle in peripheral vision means 30, 60 and 70mph limits can easily be maintained. I find it more difficult to do that with digital displays. Is this a generational thing?

Interesting point. Not something I'd ever given masses of thought. Wear both analogue and digital watches quite regularly and find both easy enough to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.