WRUW today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutteger

Administrator
Atomics are great, you have at least one watch that shows the correct time and then you can drive yourself mad trying to get all your non-atomics to show the same time as that one!

Maybe we should have a competition with a small prize for a photograph with, say, eight non-atomics showing the exact same time and then, without any being moved or touched and no photoshop trickery, a second photo of them all showing the same time on each face five days later ...

Ah, the pointless frustration of setting a drawer load of watches to the exact same time. We've all done it, right? Seem to recall one of the big Casio collectors did such a thing on another forum with a huge case of G-Shocks, will try and dig out the link.

Nice idea for a compo although think surely most would drift by the odd second over five days?

rutteger

Administrator
Something non G-Shock today, not strayed from Casio though...

IMG_20110825_092932.jpg

CA-53W, kind of like Marty McFly. But without a Delorean.

macspite

I picked up some parcels from work yesterday, postie delivered another today and I collected one from the sorting office that he had tried to deliver yesterday when I was out. So I have several WRUW candidates to play with. Worn last night and today (prior to going out this evening) is the cheapest, a DW-002 that cost four quid along with the remains of a DW-003 that someone appears to have shoved the module back in with a mallet. As these were from HK the postage was understandably high at twelve quid but for sixteen quid I got a semi-military coloured DW-002 complete except for keeper. I think I benefitted from the vendor's description "BOTH WATCHES IS USED AND THE BEZEL IS BROKEN. THE WATCH STRAP IS MISSING AND NO BOX OR MANUAL. " which was at odds with the pictures

IMG_0407.jpg

The remains of the DW-003 once the back (no gasket and wrong screws) had been removed and the module taken out to see if the metalwork could be re-aligned.

IMG_0464.jpg

Sneak preview of WIAGTWOMW tonight, ken y'see wutt it is yit?

IMG_0412.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Couple of nice bargains from HK. Sure you can find use for the DW-003 for spares if nothing else.

The bottom one, no idea. Looks quite interesting, yellow, possibly something a little rare?

macspite

One of the parcels I picked up on Wednesday was an eagerly awaited box from Japan. It made sense to give the works address in Guildford as a delivery point when I bid on and won the watch, little knowing that there would be a two week period without any work and that a one hundred miole round trip to go into the offices just to pick up a parcel was uneconomic.

In the box was a two-colour origami bird in cellophane wrapping, a handwritten thank you note, crumpled paper protective cushioning and two packs of Japanese snacks. And a red and black box.

With this inside:

IMG_0453.jpg

It's a DW-6600 Williams Formula 1 team watch with a rather nice hole pattern in the strap. Not sure how many were made, maybe one of m'learned friends could enlighten me. This watch was cheaper than the start price of the plain "last available" DW-6600s that have recently appeared on eBay.

IMG_0477.jpg

The seller was g-shock_mitazoh who has a well deserved 100% feedback. Well worth seeking out as there are some interesting watches in the listings. Also a point of contact for Yahoo Japan and the like. http://private-export.com

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Nice score, good to see a limited DW-6600 rather the normal DW-6900 :) Good tip off on the seller too, did you pick it up via ebay or yahoo?

macspite

Good tip off on the seller too, did you pick it up via ebay or yahoo?

Picked up off eBay UK - click for listing

I managed to get myself a yahoo.co.jp id today, stuck for a zip/postal code so I used the one for Casio's Head Office ...

Got an interesting email in reply - ※登録メールアドレス確認を行っておくと、パスワードをお忘れの場合や一部サービスご利用時の
お手続きが便利になります。

===============================
このメールに心あたりがない場合
===============================

どなたかがあなたのメールアドレスを誤って入力されたものと思われます。
お手数をおかけして申し訳ありませんが、次のURLのページで登録を削除してくださいます
ようお願いいたします。

rutteger

Administrator
My Japanese doesn't stretch any further than please, thanks you, two beers please and the ability to answer the phone in an authentic way, however google translate reveals that isn't good. Did you try registering (and using) one of the intermediary services on offer for yahoo Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.