WRUW today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macspite

Thanks for the new thread, expect to see a Zulu strapped something in here next time I get paid! Today I got a padded envelope in the post with another of my eBay "bargains". This one, like most, "just needed a battery." It actually needed a little more work than that but the bonus was that when the dodgy battery base was being fixed an alarm spring was found and restored to its rightful place. I wonder if the previous owner was even more of a bodger than me?

Anyroadup, here it is:

IMG_0385.jpg

DWX-112 G-Lide

rutteger

Administrator
Thanks for the new thread, expect to see a Zulu strapped something in here next time I get paid! Today I got a padded envelope in the post with another of my eBay "bargains". This one, like most, "just needed a battery." It actually needed a little more work than that but the bonus was that when the dodgy battery base was being fixed an alarm spring was found and restored to its rightful place. I wonder if the previous owner was even more of a bodger than me?

Looks solid to me, what did you have to repair other than a new battery?!? Always good to snag a g-shock bargain :D Somewhat different in design with the asymetric strap.

macspite

`There is a plate that the negative face of the battery sits on that had come adrift from the circuit board, I managed to clip that back into place and having found the alarm spring I spent a little while working out where it should go. I normally take pictures as I dismantle a watch so that I have a good chance of getting it back together again but that's no use if a component is missing in the first place.

The O ring seemed ok but I got it out and treated it to a sniff of silicone grease. The only way I have of testing water tightness is to dunk the watch in the oggin on the end of a fishing line, an option I have yet to exercise.

I was intrigued by the asymetric design too which was the prompt to buy the watch. Including three quid p+p it has cost me £13.50 and a CR-2016 battery which seemed to be a reasonable price for a slightly offbeat G-Shock.

P+P on eBay seems to vary from free to exorbitant. I'm happy to pay for a padded envelope and a bit on top for a bloke's time but when someone charges ten quid for the privilege of sending a watch by Royal Mail I tend not to bother even thinking of bidding. But that might be another thread ...

rutteger

Administrator
Fair play if you managed to clip something back onto the module! £13.50 is indeed a bargain.

Also find it galling when someone wants to charge £8 to post a watch in a jiffy bag. I've ended up paying over the odds for post on occasion, quite often these come most poorly packed and via regular 2nd class....

macspite

WRUW contributor in non-G-Shock shock!

It may not be a G-Shock but it is a Casio, a sort of Riseman ancestor. I fell in love with its looks which remind me of the age of bakelite and radios with Hilversum, Athlone and Luxembourg on the dials. Another eBay "bargain" - 16 bids so a few others shared my opinion of its charm with a reasonable p+p charge.

The seller not only told me when and how the watch was sent but expressed concern when I hadn't sent feedback after a couple of days of the delivery date. (I had the watch sent to work and then had no work to go to for a while!). Watch was better than it looked in his pictures, works fine and reflects the accuracy of the seller's description. The seller, stephenwithaph, certainly deserves his 100% feedback

And now for the watch:

photo-21.jpg

CASIO PRT-30, module 1405

Bubbly Tubs

My Mrs has just got in from work and handed me this.

ded993f5.jpg

Obviously just a sales image but you get the idea. It's my first Atomic, and I only paid 45 quid brand new from Amazon. Bargain

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - looks great, some of the regular Casios like this are pretty cool. Looks quite similar to the DW-6500

@Bubbly Tubs - you can't beat a GW-M5600, especially for 45 notes. Everyone should have one 8)

macspite

Atomics are great, you have at least one watch that shows the correct time and then you can drive yourself mad trying to get all your non-atomics to show the same time as that one!

Maybe we should have a competition with a small prize for a photograph with, say, eight non-atomics showing the exact same time and then, without any being moved or touched and no photoshop trickery, a second photo of them all showing the same time on each face five days later ...

Status
Not open for further replies.