G-Shock 30th Anniversary Resist Black Series coming April 2013

Casio Japan have today announced the latest G-Shock release celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the world's toughest watches. The 'Resist Black' Series follows the 30th Anniversary Initial Blue Series and 30th Anniversary Rising Red Series in commemorating the release of the first G-Shock way back in 1983. The Resist Black Series features three models all of which have been chosen as iconic and significant watches in the history of G-Shock.
  • G-Shock DW-5030C - the original classic
  • G-Shock DW-6930C - the classic round G-Shock shape and one of the most iconic G-Shocks
  • G-Shock GW-5530C - a modern take on the first mud and dust resist model, the DW-5500

All three feature black bands and bezels with copper detailing designed to give that vintage feel. The G-Shock DW-5030C also features the 'PROJECT TEAM' Tough logo to the dial. All three models feature the classic 30th Anniversary custom caseback and packaging designed by Mr Eric Haze.

The new G-Shock 30th Anniversary Resist Black Series is dropping in Japan on 19th April 2013, we expect to see a very limited worldwide release.

View attachment 5750
G-Shock DW-5030C

View attachment 5749
G-Shock DW-6930C

View attachment 5748
G-Shock GW-5530C

View attachment 5746
G-Shock DW-5030C - dial detail showing classic DW-5000 inspired brick pattern

View attachment 5747
G-Shock 30th Anniversary packaging​

rutteger

Administrator
Chris - that is beyond epic, thanks for sharing!!!! Popped up a post on the front page on the GW-T5030C-1 with a link to the Japanese blog which originated the news. Going to be a tough call to bag one of these, who's in!!!

chrisek

I'm trying to be in, lol. Not officialy released in Japan yet, so the vendors themselves still do not know. Being a Japanese holiday right now isn't helping.

chrisek

Just as kind of a time stamp. I understand the DW5030c and DW6930c are available in the US market. Can anyone confirm if available at a european retailer?

Also, rumor has it that Casio and its authorized retailers in Japan are officially sold out of the GW5530c (a Japan only release) meaning the only ones with them for sale are re-sellers. Interesting.

I would like to start a separate thread of known Authorized Dealers so we can know who to go to on limited releases. ;)

fwupow

chrisek;14721 said:
Just as kind of a time stamp. I understand the DW5030c and DW6930c are available in the US market. Can anyone confirm if available at a european retailer?

Also, rumor has it that Casio and its authorized retailers in Japan are officially sold out of the GW5530c (a Japan only release) meaning the only ones with them for sale are re-sellers. Interesting.

I would like to start a separate thread of known Authorized Dealers so we can know who to go to on limited releases. ;)

I just checked CASIO USA and ShopCasio.com and ebay and no sign of an official release of any Resist Black G-Shocks here in the USA. Also on Ebay all of the sellers of the DW-5030C are located outside of the country. If it's coming to America, it ain't here yet.

mfy2211