Stuck in buttons on DW-5600E

macspite

Nice choice. Pictures of the new arrival will be appreciated and no doubt cooed over by the "mothers" in here :devilish:

As an aside I became responsible for our military collectors club publicity last Thursday at our AGM - I think we should start a military wing of this forum with reduced admission to our annual four day vehicle and re-enactor show for G-Shock paramilitaries. Best to keep it a secret though, if the moderator finds out he will probably ban me for blatant advertising :(

macspite

Let's keep it mainstream for the moment but I'm up for pictures of watches in context - military series and firearms, Risemen at altitude and Froggies at depth. Let's do it :)

rutteger

Administrator
`Back when I were a nipper and the Archers on the Home Service has just trumped the opening night of an upstart broadcaster called ITV, Timex had an advert where a child strapped one of their watches around the hub of his bike wheel and pedalled around a motocross course. A forerunner of the Casio hockey puck ad.

My mate tried it with his birthday Timex.

His tears for his wrecked watch subsided when generous Timex sent him another with a stern warning never to try anything so stupid again.

Not an advert I recall but that is brilliant! Classic school boy error. Do you recall what model it was, surely must pre date the ironman?

rutteger

Administrator
Nice choice. Pictures of the new arrival will be appreciated and no doubt cooed over by the "mothers" in here :devilish:

As an aside I became responsible for our military collectors club publicity last Thursday at our AGM - I think we should start a military wing of this forum with reduced admission to our annual four day vehicle and re-enactor show for G-Shock paramilitaries. Best to keep it a secret though, if the moderator finds out he will probably ban me for blatant advertising :(

I'll let it slide this once ;) Looks interesting!

Let's keep it mainstream for the moment but I'm up for pictures of watches in context - military series and firearms, Risemen at altitude and Froggies at depth. Let's do it :)

Sounds a good idea for a thread.

Amontgomery

I'll start a mil-series/concept watch thread when mine comes in, that is, if someone hasn't started one already. Plus, I may throw in a few pictures of some of my other babies. :cool:

macspite

@rutteger - certainly not Ironman and definitely predates G-Shock, the watch in question was analog before the term was invented as there were no digitals around. But as for model number ...

@Amontgomery, yes please, more pics!