The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

rutteger

Administrator
Welcome dalj_b & agentzigzag :cool: Look forward to seeing pics of your Gs.

@dalj_b - good work scoring an illest
@agentzigzag 2->11 in a month is great work :encouragement:

Feisar

G'morning from USA! New to this forum and relatively quiet lurker on F17. I caught the G-Shock fever over the holidays over a a year ago and have been ugh "amassing"... a collection over 40 but not quite 50... ... ...yet, LOL. I have a weak spot for Frogs and unique collaboration designs. Cheers!

The collection
GWF-1000RD/BP/BS-1JF, GF-8250-9, GW-9300GY-1JF, G-9000MC-8, G-9200BL-2, G-9200R-4, GW-9200PJ-7JF, GW-5000-1JF, GW-S5600-1JF, GWX-5600B-7, GW-7900CD-9, GW7900RD-4, GW-3000M-4A, GXW-56E-1JF, GX-56-4A, GW-6900RD-4

GA110-1BJF, GD100MS-3JF, GD100SC-7, GA100A-9A, GA100C-7A, G8900A-1, GDF100-4

Collaborations
DW-8800AB-9T (x2), GW-6900K-7, GX-56DGK-1, GD-100NS-7, DW-5600PR-4, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-1A, G5500AL-1
DW-6900 x Subcrew, Brooklyn Circus, Bape (Black Out), Krink, Illest; GLX-6900-X2, XA9 In4Mations
DW-5600LOW-9V

Playsets
DW-6900SW-6ER, GD-100PS-3

Incoming
GW-206K-7LRG, Stussy DW-5000ST-1JR

seanobsdot

Nice to have you...you have a seriously.big collection probably one of the biggest on the forum...again good to have ya and can't wait to see the collection you have amassed. NY,USA HERE

rutteger

Administrator
@Feisar - welcome, quite a collection you've built up in a relatively short time :eek: Look forward to seeing the pics :)

xenio

Hi, I am here for the first time as a registered user. But used to drop in here before. I am from Serbia.
Although I've already had casio watches before, I never had an g shock. I am just about to get one and i think it will be a gdf 100. My first serious casio was an illuminator but cant remember the number. One of my favorite was protrek prg 40, it was really awesome. Above all, i think that g shocks, protreks and simillar are the best value/offers at the market. I also like g shock zone, you can find a lot of useful info and watch reviews and comparisons. So,be free and welcome me.haha.

macspite

Hi Xenio, a late hello to you - I've been busy sorting out invoices for work so I can claim my wages - not enough to buy that MR-G unfortunately. Noticed your comment but decided to concentrate on getting some work done, now I can play.

It's been cold in the UK recently but I imagine Serbia must be much colder, what have your temperatures dropped to? There are a couple of G-s that are marketed as low temperature watches; g-9000 and g-7900 spring to mind. Good luck in getting your first G, if you need any help making a decision ask questions in here and we will try to answer.

When you do get your watch it is a tradition that you take some pictures of it to show us - so don't keep us in suspense :D

xenio

Oh,u can bet it is much colder. I think it is the coldest and "snowest " winter for the last 20-30 yrs. It droped down to -22 celsius. So i guess i have to find appropriate g shock for such temperatures,huh?haha. Yeah, i was thinking about g 9000 but too small and g 7900 is interesting. Hmmm dont know. Somehow gdf100 is much closer to me considdering all,look,dimensions and what it does. But i have to collect money for any of them anyway. Here in Serbia my wage is a bit more than 200 eur if u can imagine. If i buy watch then i have to take off the straps and give my kids to eat it cause i will not be able to buy some food,haha. But, im too crazy about g shock so let it be.:-D. thanks for reply. C ya round.
P.S. maybe i get this givingaway watch from g shockzone.........just dreaming.

xenio

And yes,as soon as i get or buy one i will put some pics. But not sure when it will be.sorry for mistyping,im doing it on tablet.