What have you got incoming?

rutteger

Administrator
@k1ngunit & SICSHOCKER - nice pick ups. Congrats on the first G too :cool:

@macspite - 50 sheets sounds OK to me?

k1ngunit

Thanks Rutteger, did anyone else see the "black out" GDF and also like the new military green 5600 and 7900 are both in stock on casio USA's website. I was surprised.

macspite

@macspite - 50 sheets sounds OK to me?

They aren't as expensive as the hypercolours. I had been toying with buying one of the monochrome versions (GA-110C-1AER) brand new - £80 from a UK dealer with 100% feedback - but this appeared on auction and I think I like it rather more than the all grey. Only attracted 6 bidders.

macspite

A welcome ring at the door today as my beautiful blonde parcel lady arrived with a package for me from another forum member. Inside was:

20120505_085455.jpg

and inside that, complete with tags and instructions, was:

20120505_085533.jpg

Which is a DW-9000K-9T with tide and moon graph and sunrise/set times.

20120505_085745.jpg

Very happy with my purchase from Psweeting, thanks Paul! If it was an eBay transaction it would definitely be 5 stars in all areas and a glowing feedback report. I have bought before from Paul and will happily do so again; no hesitation in recommending him to other forum members as a source of good watches, accurately described, well packed and promptly sent. The only thing I can fault him with is his concept of a "beater" - those that I have had from him are my idea of lightly used!

Psweeting

A welcome ring at the door today as my beautiful blonde parcel lady arrived with a package for me from another forum member. Inside was:

View attachment 3220

and inside that, complete with tags and instructions, was:

View attachment 3221

Which is a DW-9000K-9T with tide and moon graph and sunrise/set times.

View attachment 3222

Very happy with my purchase from Psweeting, thanks Paul! If it was an eBay transaction it would definitely be 5 stars in all areas and a glowing feedback report. I have bought before from Paul and will happily do so again; no hesitation in recommending him to other forum members as a source of good watches, accurately described, well packed and promptly sent. The only thing I can fault him with is his concept of a "beater" - those that I have had from him are my idea of lightly used!

Thanks Mac, it's always a pleasure to deal with you. You've captured those gold pins on the 9000 well.
It's good to see one that you've sold turn up on a forum with pictures. I got that one from a WUS member in the US who got it from Japan. It would be interesting to be able to keep track of where these all end up.

P.S. I always set my tide graphs to Skegness as that's the nearest coastal point to where I live, just in case you ever go there :)

rutteger

Administrator
Congrats, looks super nice for a beater :p Resin looks really clear too, no dye work needed on this one surely ;)

macspite

Congrats, looks super nice for a beater :p Resin looks really clear too, no dye work needed on this one surely ;)

Ah, no. Not sold as a beater so paid a fair price for it seeing as the resin is nice and white. Won't need a dye job unless itgets left out in the sun but as it has the original box it should have a nice dark environment for most of the time. But if you do buy a "beater" from Paul - get your eyeglass out and try and find the flaws :D

macspite

Thanks Mac, it's always a pleasure to deal with you. You've captured those gold pins on the 9000 well.
It's good to see one that you've sold turn up on a forum with pictures. I got that one from a WUS member in the US who got it from Japan. It would be interesting to be able to keep track of where these all end up.

P.S. I always set my tide graphs to Skegness as that's the nearest coastal point to where I live, just in case you ever go there :)

I know what you mean about travelling watches - one I bought from Kung Fusion in California has ended up in Oz, the Dawn Black JDM from the Welsh Valleys has gone to North Carolina.

I once had a very dirty week in a caravan in Skeggy so have fond memories of the place. :victorious: But I will set the tide graph to Chichester harbour entrance as it is five minutes walk from where I live. ( And a couple of crow-flown miles from Bosham where King Cnut defied the incoming tide )

macspite

I did wonder, that looks mint! It's UV / light rather than simple age which yellows the resin then?

I don't think UV light and plastics are a particularly good combination but I don't have the knowledge or expertise to say for a certainty that this is the case with the resin used in G-Shocks.

An article from the ever reliable and unbiased Wikipaedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_degradation

From a well known watch seekers' forum:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f376/what-resin-rot-330290.html

I think age is a factor too. Would be interesting, if difficult to get precise data, to see how rapidly G-Shocks age in different environments - Bondi Beach or Miami versus Cleckheaton on a wet Wednesday for instance,

I am not sure how much of resin degradation is down to other things such as salt water or oils and greases. I will just keep my G-s out of direct sunlight unless getting a charge or being worn and, if in contact with anything solvent, alkaline, acidic or otherwise potentially harmful, I will give them a good wash - though with my standards of battery changing there is an ever present danger of swamping the module :D