What have you got incoming?

tyr75

the one in the middle is my new baby ...
and i love it !!!!
20140116_160735.jpg
20140116_161657.jpg
20140116_164234.jpg
20140116_165318.jpg

Ninja

This is just the start. Soon you will be looking for the other siblings. The lure of GWF1000G, GWF1000B etc is too much to ignore.

Just got this! Just an hour ago n now the queen is angry with me....sleeping with the dogs in the hall
zeresy5a.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

LUW

Tyr, if you hang around here too much you'll notice that getting to sleep in the dog house because you got into trouble with your SEC is a pretty fair occurrence...
rollingeyes.gif

Sengyoku

Finally getting a Globe.

udy7apyj.jpg

And comes with combi bracelet!

First combi for me (about time!)
First red screen for me.
First square G-Lide for me.

sent with aloha

Nice, Chris! An eyecatching piece! And with a combi bracelet as a bonus! Tell us what you think of it :)

I personally think that bracelet would be a good companion for your GW-5000 :)

Also, I once heard somewhere that the red display can be pretty hard to read at times, but apparently polarising sunglasses make it very clear!?

Sent from the 'droid.

chrisek

I think it is safe to say that screen is very small to fit everything in (super busy) and the red negative display is just supposed to be far from optimal. It's OK, never needed this one for a tool watch ;-)

And the combi. Could end up anywhere :D

sent with aloha

Matt_C

I've also just ordered my first 'square' G-shock in the form of DW550. I've also ordered the optional adapters and NATO strap, and I'm hoping that this new watch will sit much closer to the wrist, and not get snagged on clothing or when I'm reaching into tight places...

Going to miss not having the 'illuminator' button (DW6600) in the centre (handy when wearing gloves) but I guess it's a fair compromise.

I've tried several G-Shocks over the years, and like a previous poster, I'm not a fan of busy, 'cluttered' displays or unwieldy monster-sized watches.

I'm not really a fan of the newer G-Shocks. They seem to be getting 'busier' with functions I would never use, and as a consequence more difficult to use on a cold, wet, windy night!

I wish Casio would design an unobtrusive 'square' G-shock with a centre illuminator-button, bright large uncluttered display, and none of the writing on the glass surround.
If they did, it would be easy to read in bad weather, easy to operate at night and handy as a 'wrist-light' (for quickly looking at maps, checking straps on packs etc...)

Come on Casio!
Design a tough, slimline model with a big, simple display and a bright backlight and button!!