New Smart Access G-Shock GW-A1000 Aviator

stevenbgs1100

Rutteger, where on the watch are you going to be able to read the temperature?
There are numbers on the inside of the bezel/face of the watch. It will either be these numbers or the minute/hour markers on the watch. Clockwise + readings and anticlockwise - readings.

stevenbgs1100

Just checked with Watchshop (who seem to be the only UK stockist at this time) and they are unable to provide an eta for the other two A1000 models. Only indication is that their next delivery will be inside four weeks.
I kinda like the 'vanilla' model looks compared to the RAF model. The RAF attraction though is that it is LE.

Ps 5% discount can be had at Watchshop if you do a Google search. £25 is better than nothing.

Psikat

Any guess at what vanilla would cost?
I think the metal keeper etc do make for a more attractive package.

stevenbgs1100

Any guess at what vanilla would cost?
I think the metal keeper etc do make for a more attractive package.
If we take post #18 of this thread the RAF was £520 but we know it's £500 so assuming the same for the 'vanilla' model I'd say £420.
That's an estimate of course. Still expensive.

Psikat

Thanks! Finding it hard to pay the price; a full metal case with a screw back will make all the difference. May still end up buying it nevertheless.

Shocker

Hey guys,

Just an FYI the standard GW-A1000's will hit the US by the end of July. The resin band retails for $500 and the metal band retails for $600. Then you can assume they will be discounted from that price. I'd be happy to help any of you guys save some money but can't help out on the RAF model (not a US release).

stevenbgs1100

Thanks! Finding it hard to pay the price; a full metal case with a screw back will make all the difference. May still end up buying it nevertheless.
Yeah, same here...lol
I have a few Watchshop points earned as well so can achieve £471.70 which is better than a poke in the eye I suppose....
Metal case is nice I admit.

RStotty

Just had confirmed that I've got one of the RAF limited edition models - chuffed to bits and will post a picture when it arrives