New Smart Access G-Shock GW-A1000 Aviator

stevenbgs1100

I've changed my mind. LE or not it's a lot of money and I prefer the looks of the vanilla model. I'm sure they all look nice in the flesh but I'm not paying for something I'm not sure on and the vanilla model still has all the same features.
I shall be patient and wait.

Psikat

That's probably the prudent thing to do. I'm tempted to try out the 30 day return policy :)
Looking around at what £500 can buy has certainly dampened the urge to impulse-buy.

stevenbgs1100

Yeah, I thought about the 30 day return policy but I thought I'd end up keeping it.
Right now I need to sell and collate funds before I can splash out so I now have 5 x G-Shocks up for sale in the classifieds and they will also be going on ebay later today.

If you do get the RAF model, please post some piccies up. :cool:

Psikat

2 remaining in stock at Watchshop. Decided to bank on the 30-days return policy (which is offered because the chances of keeping the watch is rather high).

stevenbgs1100

Nice one.
Let me know what you think when it arrives and you've had a play about with it.
I'm glad I waited.
WatchShop soon sold their allocation.
Did you use your 5% discount?
At least if you decide to keep the watch you'll get well over 400 points towards your next purchase with them.

Psikat

Hey Steve,
I used the 5% code. Thanks.
I will report upon receiving the watch :)
Keeping a wide open mind in the meanwhile.

rutteger

Administrator
Look forward to hearing your thoughts (and seeing some pics :) ).

How much to watchshp have the vanilla version in for?

stevenbgs1100

Look forward to hearing your thoughts (and seeing some pics :) ).

How much to watchshp have the vanilla version in for?

Vanilla version is not yet with them.
When I emailed them on Friday they replied advising their next delivery will be in around four weeks time so it's likely to be in around the end of the month I would say.

WatchShop sold their RAF allocation very quickly. Vanilla model looks win for me...plus selling 5 of my current G's gives me a good chance to get some funds towards it.

I'm continuing to check all the UK retailers websites each day to see if they have any of the A1000 models in.

Will post up on this thread if I find out!

Quick update.
I just spoke to WatchShop and they have been given an eta of 2 weeks for the other 2 models. Prices not confiremd as Casio are keeping things under wraps.

stevenbgs1100

Guys,

I had an email from the Operations Manager at WatchShop who advised we are entitled to a G-Shockzone forum discount of 5% up to 10 x pieces ordered and 7.5% over 10 pieces ordered. This initial enquiry was based on the RAF model of which another batch of 20 pieces are due into WatchShop in the next couple of weeks or so.
However, I have replied asking if the same offer can be applied across the GW-A1000 range as the three variations mean that people have a choice.
eg if we placed an order for 10 x pieces from a mix of 5 x vanilla models, 3 x bracelet models and 2 x RAF models, can we still benefit from the 7.5% discount.

I shall await his reply.

I can advise you that if anyone is interested that I am happy to act as a representative to collate funds, pay WatchShop and for them to post out to you as individuals. We can do this appropriately via Bank Transfer or PayPal so noone needs to be concerned about monies.
Please note that this is for UK based members only.

Let me know if your interested guys.
Rutteger, can we make this a sticky at all?

Steve

Psikat

Good job with scoring the discount, Steve.

Mine has arrived and these are my random thoughts after fiddling with it and straining my eyes with the manual for an hour:
- the watch is attractive in a tool-like fashion
- it's obviously different from most G-Shocks in not having the usual G-shock and shock-resist labelling highlighted
- I like how the metal parts like screw heads and buttons are blackened
- stealth indeed in that most people would never guess its price
- Smart Access is an improvement over the previous systems of adjustments found in other analogue Gs but still can't beat the usual configuration found in digital Gs in terms of convenience. The feature functions are easily activated and accessed though access to the setting functions are not intuitive and most of us will need to refer to the manual (unlikely to need to setup the watch often).
- the watch face is readily readable but will need 20/20 sight for the two subdials. Can't comment on lume yet. Will wear to bed to test it out.
- I think it's a cool toy to have but I also think it's overpriced.