The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

MrTris

Hi, I'm MrTris. Been down with the G since '08, now actually starting to buy funkier and limited edition watches so that I don't see my stuff on other people's wrists. LOVE that there's a forum for this kind of stuff! Does the mod bug set in quickly?

Set to arrive today: DW6900MT-7 and a GWM850-7! (Second iteration of my very first G -- Loved the look, and the solar, though it's kinda useless 6mos out of the year here in WA)

chrisek

Welcome MrTris and good to have you! While I am in an entirely different climate, I'm sure many here can sympathize with you. As for modding, dez has been on a hot streak!

Welcome kuyit and glad to have you!

marlollagas.rn

Hello to All,
Newbie here...
I had my first taste of G-Shock...i think a decade ago..then a friend of mine gave me another G, a MUDMAN. really got hooked on G.
I will agree with most of the people here. Once you started- it's really addicting. AS IN, ADDICTING!
After a few years, my MUDMAN is still working and the battery hasn't been replaced yet. and yeah, its still with me and still sees action in my everyday life.
Now, almost every other month, I do save some cash to finance new purchases.
Currently, I do own a handful of G Shock..Loving every piece. Some are Limited and some are not, some are being use and some...just for display.Soon, i'll try to post some pictures!
Here, in the UAE , Im an expat by the way, some items are very hard to come by, But I do try to satisfy my hunger for these babies.
Looking forward to meet People who shares common interests.

brocco

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say hi ;)

Ive just bought my first g shock.... a GW 6900 and im very impressed with it. I was after something which was rugged and could take a beating and it certainly fits the bill.
Love the auto update multiband time update and the auto light aswell.

Just on the hunt for another bezel and band to tidy it up as I bought my watch second hand, so if you have anything.... pm me ;)

Cheers,
Brocco.

18Gs

Hey All,

I'm Ralph and I'm a G-Shock Addict.. Haha! I'm from the Philippines and my addiction took me (and my wife) by surprise just earlier this year. It started with a casual purchase of a G-9000-3V at a local retailer in January and blew out of proportion in a matter of weeks! I'm at around 10 Gs now and still growing (fortunately now at a steadier pace hehe). Funny thing is, before this whirlwind of a romance started, I only bought 2 Gs ever in my life, first was in high school and the second was in college. And now, in just a matter of months.. Tsk tsk, let's just say I'm ever so grateful that my wife is really, really supportive haha! Anyway, that's my G story so far and hope to continue it way, way into the future!

Regards,
18Gs

zed4130

New here but wore a g-shock since my first one a dw50001b back in 83, owned many since but tend too stick with the 5*** style,wear a g5600e daily,look forward too chatting :encouragement: