The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

sir.bullet

hi All

My name apih, from Malaysia... just start to know and collect G-schok model from last 2 weeks.. still new and hopefully you guys can share and guide me to the right way...

Now in my list : Mudman (rising red) 30th anniversary, GA110-fc red oly

Looking for next : DLX rasta (^_^)
Regards

Bubbly Tubs

I haven't checked this thread for a while, and wow lots of new introductions. Welcome everyone and don't be shy, post up some pics and share your addiction, I mean collection ha ha

Bagged64

Wanted to come in and introduce myself. Live in Southern California. Got the watch bug many years ago. Started with Tag Heuer, then to a Rolex. Got in a bad motorcycle accident that blew my Rolex into pieces and got screwed by insurance company, so on to Tudor with the intentions of getting another Rolex. Then a couple weeks ago I was in pawn shop and seen a cool looking purple G-Shock with the tin and tag and bought it for cheap. Got it home and found out I did pretty good picking up a GX-56DGK for $80. Just bought a Riseman yesterday and looking for a Frogman next. Looking to learn more so I don't get ripped off by fakes, because I love the higher end stuff. Anyway that's about it.

Derek

futhamucka

Hi Everybody,

I just picked up my first g-shock last night. A GLX-5600. I'm loving the classic look of it so far.

G_life_is_good

Hi everyone.

Been a fan for years now but only in the last 18-24months have I acted on it and started a small collection.

I'm a huge fan of 7900s, love 5600s and have a thing for Protreks. But aside from things like pink Risemans, I think they all rock.

Latest additions are the Undefeated 6900 and a GW7900MS.

thisismynick

Hello from a newbie to this forum.

until a couple years back a watch was just something to tell me the time, and I didn't care a lot about that, nor watches ;)

Changed 2009 rapidly - been somewhat a watch-head ever since, and these days remembered how very original the design of the G-Shock and Baby-G actually was / is.

Hence, I had to join here...! ;) Glad to be here, hope to make some new friends.

As for my most burning newbie questions:

1) Can s.o. please point me into the right direction to a complete catalogue WITH PICTURES of all G-Shocks models so far (if there is anything of the like at all...?!?) I know stuff like that exists for Panerai and ROlex....maybe so for G-shock..? Google did not come up with that, or I am plainly too dumb to do the right search..?!

2) I once had a great G-Shock. I bought it brandnew in Germany between summer 1997 and summer 1998. The watch head was in dark grey / anthrazit (not plain black), it had a strong cool blue light on pressing a larger button on the watch, and it had a very comfortable and extraordinary strap: Made out of cloth or nylon or something, with some sort of a rapid closure clasp, like those here: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f319/fs-casio-gshock-nylon-velcro-straps-new-223533.html . I somehow lost this great watch :-(( And I was wondering if I could get something very similar nowadays? Would you care to help me WHAT and WHERE to look for it...? :) Thank you so much in advance!! ;)

Cheers,
Frank

thisismynick

Welcome all :D

@thisismynick
1. Sadly there is no such thing really. Closest is the g-shock perfect search > http://www.g-shockzone.com/content.php?142-G-Shock-Perfect-Search
2. Was the strap like this one from tiktox > http://www.tiktox.com/g-2900v-1.html ? You can retrofit this to many Gs with the correct adapters. Not sure if any current model have velcro straps like this one.

Hi Rutteger,

thanxalot for the kind and informative reply! :)

I've just pulled the trigger on this one here, a GD-350-1ER (http://www.hood.de/angebot/48493003/casio-g-shock-herren-armbanduhr-quarz-resin-gd-350-1er.htm -- can't beat this price 95,20 EUR incl. shipment, that's a joke! ;))) -- that's close enough from the looks, in fact it does even look more badass than my old beater! ;))

The straps you kindly gave me that link: YESSS, that's the kind of strap I meant. Not the exact colour scheme, but again, close enough. Any idea if, and with which adapters, I could retrofit those straps to my new GD-350-1ER...? If not, who could know...? ;)

Thanks again & cheers mate,
Frank