What have you got incoming?

rutteger

Administrator
Good work :D Where did you get it from ? Always good to get good known sellers added to the wiki > Where to buy G-Shock

Pendragon69

Negative def look nicer than the old traditional positive display. One thing I would love to see is a King in a reverse display. More I see that display, the more I like it.
Which models come with that though?

terryjames

I am gonna disagree with you on neg Vs pos. display.i have in the past had both with the mudman,Flipped the negative.For me the positive display is much easier to read at a glance.Of course this one is horses for courses and should be followed by IMO.
Will of course follow this up with photos and info on the Seller when it arrives.Thanks for interest..........Terry

macspite

I have both neg and pos displays. For quick legibility I prefer analog! Unless I need absolute accuracy a quick glance at a pair of watch hands gives me the "ten to twelve-ish" precision that is fine for most purposes

Positive is easier to read in interior conditions and other less than glaringly bright conditions. Negative is fine in direct sunlight or with the backlight on. Auto EL makes sense for these watches as the act of bringing the watch to the eye lights it up - so best get a solar or else you will be changing batteries with monotonous regularity.

20120130_113849.jpg
Negative King in non-directional light

S5000851.jpg

Negative mudman inside car

macspite

Anyway, back to the thread title:

Incoming:
Two dead oldies from eBay
Two interesting "beaters" from a forum member
One collab from another forum member

Both the forum members I have bought from before and hence I can appreciate the descriptions and photos of the watches match what I will receive. No fun of the auction though ( I don't drink, smoke or gamble so eBay is my only major vice).

Ebay purchases vary. I have had some surprisingly good watches, well packed and quickly sent, from unpromising looking listings - poor description and bad photos. And, unfortunately but only occasionally, vice-versa.

I have also bought form a certain watch seeking forum, quite a few user names are common to both it and this forum. All watches have been as shown and described and the transactions friendly.

So which method do you guys prefer to get the watches that will feature in this thread?

Or perhaps the idea of buying second-hand isn't something that appeals?

rutteger

Administrator
my grail is on its way!!

Sweet, looks NOS :)

Both the forum members I have bought from before and hence I can appreciate the descriptions and photos of the watches match what I will receive. No fun of the auction though ( I don't drink, smoke or gamble so eBay is my only major vice).

Ebay purchases vary. I have had some surprisingly good watches, well packed and quickly sent, from unpromising looking listings - poor description and bad photos. And, unfortunately but only occasionally, vice-versa.

I have also bought form a certain watch seeking forum, quite a few user names are common to both it and this forum. All watches have been as shown and described and the transactions friendly.

So which method do you guys prefer to get the watches that will feature in this thread?

Or perhaps the idea of buying second-hand isn't something that appeals?

Interesting point. Have to say I get most of mine from eBay, do also quite enjoy the 'sport' and of course the fact you can snag a real bargain :p Otherwise the classifieds here on g-shockzone (of course ;) ) . Also browse the classifieds on TZ-UK quite a bit, the odd G-Shock there at a good price and most sellers are thoroughly decent. Used to use WUS quite a bit, but rarely now - was excellent when the £ was strong against the $ (yes, full Grandpa Simpson).